Skocz do zawartości

Leaking petcock

DreigloPL
 Udostępnij

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

I need some help with my 1981 Suzuki gs450...

So when I bought the bike it was supposed to be clean, “running” bike, that was just seating and not being stared for 2 years. After I bought it I saw that I have a fuel leak. I replaced every possible seal/gasket in the carbs and the petcock. I don’t have a leak from carbs now but the petcock is still sweating. I have no clue why.

(Here’s my GS)

a08afd4c30230fc5d33a1415c444446e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be faulty repair kit or old fuel lines perhaps?

The repair kit is OEM so it shouldn’t be faulty. The lines could be the problem as they are not exactly “fuel lines”, but they fit pretty tight. I will post a picture from where I think it’s leaking in a minute.

3b4354a1e201558a00081ef1e58a90f4.jpg

*excuse the dirti *

I really want to avoid replacing the whole system, because it’s waay overpriced. But if there won’t be any solution I will have no choice.

Edytowane przez _Monter_

If leakage is there use o-ring between this pipe and rest of petcock. Then you wil know whats going on and where.
Finally are you sure that the tank does not leak at the joints. Petcock is wet from the top.

lewa noga: http://forum.motocyk...__1#entry782383
prawa noga: http://forum.motocyk...__fromsearch__1
...i tak wszyscy umrzemy...

https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/suz/50d3f232f8700230d8b4bd83/fuel-cock

Can you say where bolt no. 5 goes and if you have the gasket (no. 6)?

Not tonight, i will look for it later

Thank you for the hint

So, I’ve checked all the bolts and they all have a gasket on them. I’ve fixed the leakage. The part that I assumed was actually leaking, so I wrapped it with a bit of Teflon tape. But there’s another problem, it’s running rather too rich or the timing is way off. I will put a video of it running later.

Thanks for your help by the way, I really appreciate it.

Idling with the gas cable taken off

Idling with the gas cable on

What could be wrong so it does that?

This small pipe you hold in your fingers should be pressed into a petcock body.

When it's loose the best course of action is to glue it in using some JB Weld type glue.

I don't think a tape in this place is going to last.

Timing in those GS bikes is rather impossible to be set in a wrong position, your best guess are old and dirty carbs.

This small pipe you hold in your fingers should be pressed into a petcock body.

When it's loose the best course of action is to glue it in using some JB Weld type glue.

I don't think a tape in this place is going to last.

Timing in those GS bikes is rather impossible to be set in a wrong position, your best guess are old and dirty carbs.

The carbs are relatively clean, but I don’t know if they are adjusted properly. The tape which I used is currently working perfectly. I don’t have a Jb weld in my country, so I can’t use it as well. The only thing left which I can think of beside poorly adjusted carbs is the linkage.

If you live currently in Warsaw you can buy a glue called Distal, if I remember correctly - somebody could confirm it's gas resistance ability.

What kind of problems do you have in bike's engine running ?

When my gas cable is taken off (behind the carbs) it idles with quiet a bit of backfire, as shown in video above.

When the cable is connected, the idle is around 4K rpm. The line is basically connected as low as possible, and the idle adjustment “pipe” (idk how it’s called) is set to be around 1.6-2k rpm. That’s why I assume the line might be bad or it’s running too rich

If you live currently in Warsaw you can buy a glue called Distal, if I remember correctly - somebody could confirm it's gas resistance ability.

What kind of problems do you have in bike's engine running ?

Distal, K2, Techniqoll, any 2 components epoxy from car parts shop.

lewa noga: http://forum.motocyk...__1#entry782383
prawa noga: http://forum.motocyk...__fromsearch__1
...i tak wszyscy umrzemy...