Skocz do zawartości

Leaking petcock

DreigloPL
 Udostępnij

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

If your throttle cable adjusters are set as low as possible and you have engine running on higher revs than without a cable your throttle cable inner is simply too short, so in different words your cable is not correct for the bike.

Carbs aren't set too rich, backfire could be a result of worn / loose / burnt exhaust gaskets in engine's head.

We don't know how much do you know about motorcycle mechanics, your questions show you are a new guy in this game.

The easiest and most expensive way to go forward with this bike would be to leave it for a professional to sort it out, but I'm quite sure this is the pic of the season for motorcycle shops, so any repairs will take forever, besides you have to find reputable shop - their quality tends to differ a lot.

Did you buy your bike without even starting it ?

Does start in the movie above was done on cold or hot engine ?

Your engine does those strange "popping" sounds when running, they could mean your HT leads are old and arcing to the head, its possible to check it starting it in a dark garage and look under a tank. When you see sparks you have your answer but this is only one of the possible causes.

Another problem is a lack of a stock air filter box necessary for your carbs to work properly in full range of revs, as it is with small aftermarket "filters" you will have problems above idle, or if the carbs were jetted your gas consumption is much higher than stock.

Your throttle cable still looks like is little too short, but revs rising on idle on hot engine could mean idle speed of your carbs was not properly set.

We still know nothing about a shape of the bike's charging system, or brakes - even more problems could show up when you'll start riding.

So fair amount of work to make this bike reliable rider, you alone can only make a decision if you want to tackle it yourself ore look for a reliable mechanic to do it for you.

You are right, i don’t know much about mechanics, but I’m trying my best and also I’m trying to have some fun :) I used to work (free probation) at Honda service shop for 2 months, and that’s my “major” experience with mechanics.

The bike when I bought it was supposed to have fuel problem - leaking carbs. So I replaced the gaskets and then other leaking spots showed up. Previous owner didn’t start the bike for 2 years and supposedly nothing major was wrong with it. I’ve already replaced every fluid, checked breaks, chain, shocks so it’s just the misfire problem right now. I have a good service shop nearby me and it’s not expensive, but I would much rather to learn some stuff myself other that giving it to someone to do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My feeling is the same, no major problems so far so if you are up to it why not to do it yourself.

Just ask questions, before you move forward, not after.

I keep GS bikes in high regard, they are nearly indestructible giving them regular oil changes and remembering about their electrical and braking limitations.

My feeling is the same, no major problems so far so if you are up to it why not to do it yourself.

Just ask questions, before you move forward, not after.

I keep GS bikes in high regard, they are nearly indestructible giving them regular oil changes and remembering about their electrical and braking limitations.

Thank you, I will try to do the “spark thing” later in the night, and will update you if I see anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk